I spend a few days diving off the Indo Aggressor. We did most of our diving off the coast of the Komodo Island. Next week, I’ll post a full review of my dive liveaboard experience but for now here are my favorite moments underwater from the trip.
- Broadclub Cuttlefish – I was able to observe this creature hunt during a night dive.
- Reef Manta Ray – There are about 5-10 Manta swimming around the cleaning station.
- Bigfin Squid – They are attracted to divers lights and this Squid came very close to my camera.
- Feather Star – Swimming through the water column. I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time.
- Painted Frogfish – I heard every see these creatures move. It was fantastic to watch it navigate the ocean floor.
- (Juvenile) Many Spotted Sweetlips – Such a interesting creature to observe in the juvenile stage
- White Margin Stargazer – This guy was moving about looking for a new home or a new ambush spot. Really cool to see the creature quickly bury itself into the ocean floor.
- Spotted Eagle Ray – Such a majestic creature swimming through the water column.
- Blue Spotted Ribbontail Ray – During a night dive, this ray was suggesting I film something else. The creature didn’t appreciate my presence.
- Peacock Mantis Shrimp – Another creature that didn’t appreciate my presence. I’m so glad it didn’t throw a punch.
Here’s a link to my underwater camera set-up.